EAL ONE-DAY COURSE
COURSE DATES: Monday 10th December 2018 or Friday 18th January 2019
Does your school have children new to the English language or improving their proficiency? Would you like some practical solutions for supporting them at school?
We are now running a one-day course in which we will share innovative ideas and successful strategies that we have used, as well as key principles that we have drawn from our practice and provision. You will also have an opportunity to tour the school, speak to practitioners and network with others.
Target Audience: EAL Coordinators, EAL Practitioners and Class Teachers
The course will cover:
- the national perspective of EAL
- potential barriers for EAL children
- auditing current practice and provision
- successful induction
- fostering a climate for success
- effective strategies for supporting EAL pupils in the classroom at different ages and stages
- successful interventions
- appropriate strategies for involving parents
- reflection, review and networking
Each participant will be provided with access to a bank of valuable resources.
COST: £300 + VAT for the first delegate and £250 + VAT for second and subsequent delegates, including lunch and refreshments.
Please click here for the booking form, which should be returned by email to Layla Rafferty at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, for further information about the course, or to make a booking, please call Layla Rafferty on 020 7607 2575