Music Teacher / Instructor
“Excellence for All and Excellence from All”
Are you an enthusiastic, experienced musician looking for a new challenge? We are looking for a passionate and talented professional to play a significant role in the delivery of music across the school. Music at Pakeman is a key part of who we are, we believe that children’s opportunities to explore, compose, sing, play and listen to music have a huge benefit on other areas of learning as well as on well-being.
We are looking for a dynamic and energetic music teacher, to provide opportunities for our children to experience a wide range of music, have hands on experience of listening to and playing music and ensure that children develop confidence and make good progress.
The successful candidate would be expected to lead a range of musical events such as the school choir and the Christmas and Summer Shows, as well as other musical events.
- Have a professional qualification in music (QTS desirable but not essential)
- Have excellent subject knowledge
- Be an exceptional, creative teacher able to deliver excellent lessons to pupils of all abilities
- Be committed to the highest standards of learning, teaching, planning and assessment for learning
- Have the ability to inspire, motivate and support our pupils
- Have recent experience of teaching music in schools.
- Be willing to make a significant contribution to the school community and to extracurricular activities.
- Have an ability to take a lead in an area of responsibility (music)
We can offer you:
- A happy and positive working environment and truly amazing children
- Opportunities for professional development and to make a difference within our innovative school
- Friendly, supportive colleagues who are committed to continuous improvement
Enthusiastic children who want to learThe school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will require an DBS clearance.
Visits to view the school and meet our children and staff are warmly welcomed. Please contact Gill Dukelow, School Business Manager, to arrange a visit or for an application pack.
Start Date: January 2020
Closing Date for Applications: Thursday 13th December (noon)
Interview Date: Monday 16th December and Tuesday 17th December