Team Leader Model
At Pakeman we are determined to ensure that children receive at least good teaching on a day to day basis. As the research below shows the quality of teaching in a school can have a significant impact on outcomes for pupils.
In order to ensure we have high quality teaching and address any inconsistencies, we have developed a “Practice and Expectations” document which has been implemented across the school. In addition to this, we have established a Team Leader Model to address any “within school variance” and increase the percentage of outstanding teaching. This model places an additional non-class based teacher across KS1 and KS1 and a class-based team leader in the EYFS.
Team Leaders are responsible for:
- Setting high expectations and being positive role models.
- Ensuring consistent implementation of school initiatives and our “Pakeman Practice and Expectations”.
- Ensuring high quality assessment and moderation of pupils in the team.
- Ensuring high quality planning across the team.
- Monitoring and developing the quality of teaching in the team (team teaching, modelling lessons, releasing teachers to observe best practice and providing support and guidance).
- Monitoring and developing the quality of marking and work in books.
- Ensuring effective use of data to track achievement across the phase.
- Planning and implementing effective interventions to ensure children make rapid progress.
- Ensuring consistency in terms of behaviour and learning by covering staff who are absent.
- Supporting positive behaviour for learning of pupils.
Support staff play a very important role in our school. Click here to see the contribution they make to Pakeman.